StopFals.md Reports Fake News About COVID-19
StopFals.md detected several fake news related to COVID-19. The news claim that consuming garlic would prevent the infection with the new coronavirus. Other news claims that the virus could be transmitted by mosquito bites, or that consuming alcohol would be a measure of protection against COVID-19 or that taking hot baths would help prevent the virus.
Information on preventing and treating the COVID-19 disease spread in the digital public space. However, not all of the information is true. StopFals.md debunked several fake news related to COVID-19:
- Exposing yourself to the sun or to temperatures higher than 25 C does not prevent nor cure COVID-19.
- Cold weather and snow can not kill the new coronavirus.
- Taking a hot bath does not prevent the new coronavirus disease
- The new coronavirus can not be transmitted through mosquito bites.
- Drinking alcohol does not protect you against COVID-19 and can be dangerous.
- People can recover from coronavirus disease (COVID-19). Catching the new coronavirus doesn’t mean they will have it for life.
- There is no evidence that eating garlic has protected people from the new coronavirus.
- To date, there is no specific medicine recommended to prevent or treat the new coronavirus.
- People of all ages can be infected by the new coronavirus.
- The new coronavirus is a virus and, therefore, antibiotics should not be used as a means of prevention or treatment.
The impact that fake news can have on society in general and on every citizen, in particular, is difficult to estimate, but if we do not fight it in time, it could escalate into a panic of great proportions. That is why, we urge the responsible citizens of our country to report the fakes about COVID-19, found in the written press, radio, TV, online, in the statements of public figures, etc.
False information about the new coronavirus is harming our community. #We report Fakes about COVID-19 on www.stopfals.md.Pay close attention to the sources! Follow the official information about the new coronavirus in Moldova, accessing www.msmps.gov.md.