The Government Approved the Signing of an Amendment to the Financing Contract worth 120 Million Euros between Moldova and the European Investment Bank
The government approved the signing of an amendment to the financing contract between Moldova and the European Investment Bank in order to implement the Livada Moldovei project, worth 120 million euros, as well as an amendment to the cover letter on the contract.
Financing contract between Moldova and the European Investment Bank for the realization of the Livada Moldovei project, worth 120 million euros, in order to modernize and restructure the value chain of the horticultural sector.
Its main objective is to facilitate the access of potential beneficiaries in the horticultural sector of Moldova to the financial resources provided by the European Investment Bank, through lending and leasing operations.
Additions and amendments included in Amendment no. 3 to the financing agreement “are thorough and imperative and come to provide financial solutions on favorable terms for the agri-food sector, having a considerable impact on the sustainability of the sector, being focused on the export of value-added products, especially in the current period, characterized by the need to ensure the competitiveness of domestic products on the foreign market, offering a number of economic advantages,” which can benefit companies in the horticultural and wine sector of Moldova:
- Technologization and mechanization of primary production processes of horticultural production by promoting intensive and super-intensive methods of fruit production
- Equipping orchards and other horticultural plantations with irrigation and anti-hail systems
- Modernization and technologicalization of post-harvest processes and processing of horticultural production
- Development of post-harvest infrastructure for fresh produce
- Development of nurseries for the production of local planting material
- Improving sanitary and phytosanitary control in order to harmonize national standards for fresh fruit with relevant EU standards
- Diversification of the country’s sales markets by ensuring the authenticity of manufactured horticultural production
- Development of the research-innovation system as an indispensable part of the horticultural sector in Moldova.