In 2020, the website www.zdg.md hosted the most readers in its history: 5 million. The news, surveys, interviews, and reports of ZdG journalists were read, distributed, and discussed both online and in many localities in the country, where the printed edition of the publication reached approximately 10,000 families.
We have selected a top of the materials published last year on www.zdg.md, which we invite you to look at.
Top five investigations published in 2020 by ZdG:
The most read investigation from last year was also the most read article ever published on the ZdG website. It is about the people who were allegedly paid money to register the deaths of their relatives as from COVID-19 ZdG Debunks Fake News Around COVID-19 and ZdG Debunks Fake News Around COVID-19 Deaths (Part II) was, by far, the most read article, with 282,000 views. The video on the subject was the most-watched ZdG product on youtube in 2020, with 100,000 views. On Facebook, the same video reached 1 million users.
- The second most-watched investigation in 2020 was the one in which we uncovered a series of luxury holidays that the former President of Moldova, Igor Dodon, enjoyed during his political career. The President’s Luxurious Vacations, including the trip to the Maldives, have been read on ZdG website 65,000 times. After the publication of the article, Igor Dodon sued ZdG.
- „A fine of two-year pension” is the third most-watched ZdG investigation in 2020. The history of a fine to an old woman during the quarantine period of 22.5 thousand lei (1,000 euros) for violating the self-isolation regime at home was read by almost 64,000 times.
- The fourth most-read survey of 2020 on ZdG website was the one on The Portrait of a Head of National Penitentiary Administration That Receives Donations of Thousands of Euros (Part I) and The Portrait of a Head of National Penitentiary Administration (Part II): One More Undeclared House and Instructions Given to a Subordinate in Obscene Language. The history with its undeclared assets and criminal records has been read 44,000 times.
- 5. Unauthorized Construction on the Nistru River, which involved people close to the former president, Igor Dodon is on the fifth place in the top in 2020, being read 31,000 times only on www.zdg.md.
ZdG investigations in 2020 were read not only on the ZdG website, but also on those of other media institutions in Moldova, being taken over and broadcast by televisions or news portals such as ProTV Chisinau, TV8, Jurnal TV, TVR Moldova, Agora, or Newsmaker.
Top 5 most read reports on ZdG website in 2020
The most read report on our website in 2020 was about A Poor Sewage System that Leads to Tragedies. The experiences of past families and tragedies have been read 15,000 times.
- On the 2nd place in the top is a report from several villages in Gagauzia after the presidential elections, localities where Igor Dodon accumulated almost 100% of the votes. The report has 10,000 views.
- The third in the top is a text about deportations: Memories From Deportation: “Dear mother, today I will die and you will be left alone among strangers”.
- Behind the scenes of the electoral campaign in Hâncești is the fourth report in top views on the ZdG website.
- The top five ZdG reports in 2020 is concluded by a video about the Romanian aid received by the authorities from Chișinău.
Top 5 most read interviews on www.zdg.md in 2020
The most read interview on the ZdG website in 2020 was the one with sexologist Natalia Pavalachi about myths, abstinence until marriage, and the most common problems of couples. It has been read 51,000 times.
- The second most read interview in 2020 on our website was with a doctor from Moldova established in the USA about Covid-19 and vaccine, having 37,000 views.
- The interview with the head of the Intensive Care and Resuscitation Department at Topa Ciorbă Hospital in Chișinău about the fight with Covid-19 is on the 3rd place in the top, with 20,000 views.
- The fourth in the top is an interview with Aliona Vârlan, a woman who left the country 20 years ago. ZdG discussed with researchers the phenomenon of migration of women from Moldova and its consequences. The interview has 18,000 views.
- The fifth in this top is the interview with Ludmila Furtună, a migrant doctor from Italy, also about Covid-19. The interview has 15,000 views.
Thank you for following us! In 2021, the ZdG will continue to be on guard.